RE: intake sealing

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 07:40:54 EDT

Hi JOn,
I would use new gaskets. It may seem like a pain to replace them every
time, but they do compress when you tighten them down. Remember too that
the intake is bolted to the heads. With the expansion and contraction of
the heads, I wouldn't want to take the chance of possibly cracking a head by
taking away this compression range. Gaskets are cheap, heads aren't. :'B
Rich - Ashburn, VA