Python wheel problems (long)

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 00:21:11 EDT

I am trying to put my new 17" Pythons that I just got
a week ago and I am having trouble with the rear ones.
 It seems that the shank (unthreded part) on the studs
sticks out too far past the face of the drum and the
wheel will not mount flush with the drum, thus causing
the wheel to wobble, or not run true.

I had 15" AR-234 which ran fine, but the countersink
on the backside of the lug holes is deeper than the
ones on the 17" Pythons. Which allow the wheel to
mount flush with the face of the drum.

The way I see it, I can buy a wheel spacer...not sure
where to get one....have spacers made...or have the
holes countersunk 1/8" more. The shank sticks out
about an 1/8" past the drum face, that would cure the
problem. I was able to reduce the wobble greatly with
some shim washers, but want more mounting surface than
the washers have and I think that the more mounting
surface will fix the problem entirely.

The wheels are not bent, because all four run true on
the front. But the fronts have different studs...the
shank does not stick out any.....

What is the best option.....buy spacers (gotta find
them)....have some made....or countersink the holes an
1/8"?????? That is all I need is an 1/8".

orry so long.....

TIA

Gregg
92 V6 CC