Re: RE: Truck is at the dealer - Massive Pinging

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 12:05:19 EDT

Got an update already:

Service Manager: "We tested is on a hill and at cruising and we don't hear
any pinging or rattling at all. Both myself and my mechanic listened to
it."

When I asked them why the timing it up so high at cruising speed he replied
"That sounds a little bit out of range but it's not pinging."

The freekin' timing is 45-48 degrees at 2500rpm...and they're telling me
that it's not pinging?!? Needless to say, I asked them to get me a printout
of the timing curve from their scanner. It's a $65 charge that I may have
to pay...but that'll prove that the timing is way off and they'll have to do
something about it.

- Bernd