Re: Re: 160 vs 180 t-stat

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 11:00:57 EDT

My experience in testing the 160 tstat with a scanner
under normal and track conditions did not show anything
abnormal ... no MILs triggered ... coolant temp. ranged
from 157F (highway) to 172F (during 1/4-mi. runs) ...
went into closed loop after cold startup as it should.

Don't know if anything was adversely affected in the
combustion chambers though. This testing was done with
the stock '97 computer and the '96 MP PCM.

It has been replaced since with a 180 tstat when I installed the MPI.

Bob