Re: Line Locks

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 16:45:56 EDT

Bryan West wrote:

> Line locks are great, but seem kinda the wimpy way out. I followed the rest
> of this thread and noticed talk of not wanting to use heel toe and trying a
> rolling application of the brakes. If you really want to correctly do a
> burn-out in a 5spd vehicle and not seriously destroy anything (burn-outs are
> hard an equipment no matter how it's done) I would suggest you need to learn
> how to heel toe without being afraid of it.

I have about 100 passes at the 1/4 mile, I "power braked" every one of
the burnouts.
Doing that glazed my rear brake shoes and drum.
The fronts were doing ALL the stopping for this 4,000lb truck and they
wore out prematurely. Gouged the rotors before I even heard anything.
I installed the line lock so I could save any further damage my brake
system.
Alan S.