Re: Crankshaft Position Sensor?

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 18:21:55 EDT

In a message dated 5/12/00 2:01:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com writes:

<< . Plugs, wires, cap and rotor have been ruled out. Going to check
 compression tonight, but really don't expect this to be the problem either.
 I've been wondering if something has accumulated or lodged on the flywheel
 blocking the signal to the crankshaft position sensor? I can't think of
 anything else to mess up just one cylinder.
 Rich

  This is an interesting post. I have a similar problem. I have a definite
miss,but it only happens occasionally. I've gone through just about
everything. I put on new plugs,cap and rotor. I still have the occasional
miss but it's now been 2 weeks since the last time it acted up. It seems to
only happen when I get into a lot of stop and go traffic or when I really
hammer on it and then only occasionally. I swear it's causing me to lose
religion. I need to go check my codes. I never thought of the crank sensor.
Hmmm
Tom