Re: DML:ATI Supercharger Kit

From: Ed and Kristi Townsend (townsend@ainet.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 13:11:44 EDT

Here Ted, take a look at this page.....this should explain my reasoning.
And I was wrong, 12psi from a supercharger is not the same as 12psi from a
turbo, as explained in the clipping from the webpage below.

http://www.gcoast.com/turbo/technical.html

(this excerpt taken from link above)
This effect is shown rather dramatically when comparing an intercooled to a
non intercooled setup. A Vortech s-trim producing a measured 8psi on a stock
5.0 will generally add between 100-120 rwhp. The Incon twin turbo in
intercooled fashion can add close to 200 rwhp on a stock 5.0 at 8psi.
Of course part of that difference in rwhp can be attributed to the lower
parasitic loss of the turbo but it still serves to illustrate the fact that
manifold pressure is not a very good indicator of hp across setups.