RE: 180 tstat not as cold as I thought!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 12:19:19 EDT

You can run a 70/30 mix of Water/Coolant and not worry about overheating or
freezing. remember, the coolant is mainly there to raise the boiling point
and lower the freezing point of the water. The water is what transfers the
heat from the engine block...not the coolant.

Try changing the turn-on temperature of your fan to about 180...it might be
a little bit too high for the cooling process. Mine now comes on at 175 and
she runs cool all day long...even in rush hour traffic.

- Bernd
(V6...yeah, I know.) ;)