Re: rear brake problem

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 19:18:20 EDT

I am not real hip on grinding on the wheel. I was
thinking about grinding the brake drum weights.

I talked with the guy I bought them off of and he said
that he had no such problem. I think if he had the
10" brakes, then he would have no clearance problems.

The overlap is about 1/2" to 3/4"....the new drums
that I got, the weights are hugh compared to the
weights on the old drums, but the wheels still hit the
weights on the old drum as well.

I was thinking that maybe Moser Engineering or
somebody similar....could use different (read thinner)
weights and rebalance the drum....not sure though.

Gregg
92 V6 CC