Re: DML:ATI Supercharger Kit

From: Ptturbo@aol.com
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 22:07:28 EDT

The "turbo vs. SC" argument is as old as dirt...
SC's are a great quick power fix..
I just look at the number of 8,9, & 10 second, 3.8 liter, 3600 lb buicks,
as well as 9-10 second hondas, mitsus, mopar 2.2's, etc,
All of which have turbos..
I can't say I've seen any SCs run the same numbers
with the same weight & dispacement packages.
Over the past 25 years, I haven't seen any Formula 1,
CanAm or GT series SuperCharged cars that didn't get entirely
lapped by the turbo cars of the same weight/displacement..
FACT: a decently engineered turbo system requires more fabrication
and installation effort than the SC setup.
Mike V
(used to crew for an alky funny car but is hooked on turbos)