Hotchkis Day At ButtonWillow

From: jdharmon@earthlink.net
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 00:52:01 EDT

Ed is right! It was a blast going nuts around the track! The DACUDA
with the Hotchkis Suspension system handled awesomely!!! I was very
impressed. Gary Pinkley and I were the only two Dakotas around. I beat
out a 454 Chevy in the first round and Gary took out a new GMC with
nitrous the second round! I used up my brakes on the first few runs.
When track opened up completely (we were only on the East loop), I
didn't have enough to safely go through the course.

The back straight was a blast - 98 mph top speed with the automatic.
The Bridgestone tires got a little greasy at the end of the run. Ended
up not using too much brakes in the last few laps and going mostly wide
open throttle through the whole course (except in a few corners!). I am
hooked. I was giggling worse than Ed.
We got lots of pictures and some video. I will post some picts up next
week.

Next year - more Dakota people have to be there!!! The line up of
american and european muscle cars was awesome!!! These are the
incredible drool machines we dream about!!!

Going home was fun with the rotors gooed up from melted pads. Also had
the left front alignment bolt come loose. Then fund out the hard way
the nitrous bottle warmer got turned on when the pressure valve blew and
we vented the nitrous out the vent tube in the bed. Thank God Nitrous
Express thought of a tube to vent the bottle contents out in case of
over pressurization!

Overall a great day!!!! BTW - another perk of going to this event -
lots of magazine and manufacturer reps were there.

Jim Harmon