Re: bucket seats again....

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 23:16:59 EDT

> first what vehcile did everyone get there buckets out of?? second was the
> height about the same once installed?? or could spacers be put in.. and
> third any club cab installs?? i am really wanting to do this. i was out
> at the junkyards the other day and of course no daks there.. but i forgot
> to look for other chrysler cars... i would like something that would
pretty
> much bolt right in.. i know there was a 92 talon at one place with a good
> interior. i wonder if that would work..

Mine came out of a 93 Dakota, the color match is great. The height, I really
think so, is a bit taller with the buckets; maybe an inch or two. Maybe my
bench was really shot and sagging down, either way I love the way the new
buckets sit taller and feel alot better; more supportive and comfy! The
bench was held down by a mere 4-5 bolts, and took about 2 minutes to get
out. The bench seats take 8 bolts, but both went in and were bolted down
within 15 minutes. Be sure to get some 'speed nut clips' for the innermost
bolts, since you cannot get nuts on the backside of the bolts,these speed
nuts do a great job and are what they factory would use anyways; they are
cheap and found at any good hardware store. I did buy all new Grade 8 bolts,
nuts, speedclips, since the factory hardware is metric and my local store
did not have metric speed nut/clips, so I wents to all standard Grade 8
hardware. The two nuts welded the bottom underneath side of the cab for the
innermost back seat rail mounts, are also metric, so I went with 1/4" Grade
8 bolts and simply ground off the metric speedclip/nut and used
washers/lockwashers/ nuts. Good Luck!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6