Dak Accident Update

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 17:16:35 EDT

Well it turns out the insurance policy number on the accident report is
bogus. The insurance company does not have his name, and therefor he is
really not insured. I called him on the phone number he put down on the
police report, which turns out to be his cell phone number. He told me he
would rather just pay out of his pocket, so his insurance company doesnt
know about it. When I told him I already contacted the main corporate office
of his insurance company and that they have no record for his nor for the
policy number he put down on the report, he could not give me his agents
name nor a correct policy number and hung up the phone on me. I called my
insurance company and I will have to pay my deductible and file a claim, and
them they will go after him. Estimates ranged from $700 all t he way to
$1450 for full repair of my truck. The police report clearly states any
false information on t his report is a Class C Misdemeanor and is punishable
by fines and imprisonment. I wonder, since he did have to prove proof of
insurance to the officer on the scene, if the insurance card he gave the
officer was bogus also. Isnt that falsification of information or something
like that?? Nothing is easy. Any suggestions?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6