Re: 95 Dakota EGR help

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 01:10:51 EDT

> I have a 1995 Dakota 5.2 and am getting a EGR fault
> code. Is their any maintenance I can do or just
> replace the entire unit? Is this an easy fix or
> should it be taken in? Thanks

When I pulled an EGR fault code on my 93 Dak, it turned out one of the
little prongs on the electrical connector on the EGR valve broke off, thus
sending a fault code. It is a quick fix, but a costly one. I think it ran me
about $80 for a new EGR valve. You can definately fix it yourself; just
takes 2 bolts to remove it and unplug the electrical connector and swap the
new one on.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6