Re: 95 Dakota EGR help

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 08:53:39 EDT

Most EGRs just get caked up with soot etc and can be cleaned up
soaking in
parts cleaner but I can't specifically say for your truck. I'd
compare the cost
of a new valve against the hassle of cleaning. The tubing
connecting the EGR
the intake and exhaust may have clogged up also.

If there is a separate solenoid switched valved to engage the EGR
then that is
definitely the thing to check first.

Marty
'00 4.7L CC