air lift springs question

From: Hoostine (hoostine@geocities.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 11:00:27 EDT

Hi, i'm new to this list, and to trucks in general. I don't have a dakota
yet, but i'll be getting one in the near future...maybe in a year. i'm
getting a club cab with a 4.7L engine with 5spd and i have lots of mods
planned for it, but i do have one question i would like answered if anyone
could. i don't want to lower my truck, i think lowriders look stupid (no
offense if anyone has one, it's just me), but i would like to be able to
lower it to race people. mostly for effect tho cause i don't think lowering
a truck 2" or so would have much effect on speed...but i think it'll look
neat. anyways i want a button on the stick that will lower the truck as
long as i hold it down and raise it back up when i let go. the switching is
no problem nor is the wiring, but what i want to know is will the suspension
be able to take this? i figure i'd basically be lowering the truck to where
i want it when the button is down and then installing air springs and riding
around with them filled up. kinda the opposite ofn what everyone else does.
also, will this make for a bumpy ride or anything?

--Hoostine