Re: Weatherproof Padlocks

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 11:30:17 EDT

> Master lock company makes rubber covers for a few of their popular
padlocks.
> they consist of a slipover cover for the bottom of the padlock, and two
> gaskets that slip over the shackle to protect moisture from entering at
the
> locking points. I think they have them available for their #1,#3, and #5
> padlocks. Master also makes a pro-series padlock, some of which have a
> cover for the keyway. check these links out for some ideas.....
>
> http://www.masterlock.com/home/homecov.htm
> http://www.masterlock.com/comm/proseries.htm

Believe it or not, the 2 locks I have cut off have both been the Masterlock
rubber covered locks with the little keyhole cap. I guess I am just going to
have to look around really good and try to find a better style. I am going
to a few locksmiths, hardware stores, and a couple of marine shops today,
hoping to find something better. Otherwise, I will just have to do a regular
lockmaintenace, possibly a check every time I change my oil at the 3,000
mile interval. Thanks alot.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6