Re: Autolites again..

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 11:14:35 EDT

Shane, I've also noticed discoloration, but not a lot of wear... maybe I'll
pull em out tonight and check. The reason the autolites make more power is
there is less resistance through the plug, with the extra spark energy the
plugs will wear quicker.

It's all about tradeoffs, so I personally opt to buy $8 worth of plugs every
couple of months or so.

<SNIP>

>. I went back to my toolbox where I kept the old stock Champions that
> gave me 60,000 trouble-free miles without a single blemish to compare them
> the 3923s. The Autolites were wore down MORE than the Champions!
>
> The Autolites never went back in - now I run Champion 4071 truck plugs.
The
> old man at the parts house laughed and said "I knew you would be back as
soon
> as I saw you buy them Autolites a few weeks ago - good choice - them
Champions
> will last forever....You get what you pay for"

<SNIP>