V6 Ticking-Timing chain?!

From: Geoffrey Hackbart (digum98@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 22:29:47 EDT

Hey all,
Got a problem. I have some serious ticking in my
engine compartment. I'm not sure what it is, but it
will get more quiet after the engine warms up. I
remember something about the timing chains on the v6's
going bad at around 60K mis. Well, I'm close to that
right now, about 8K mis away. Could this be the
problem? I don't think it is an exhaust leak, I have
checked it before and the bolts are still tight. Does
the timing chain ticking subdue after warm up? My gf
siad that it might be the speedo cable, bcs her car
does the same thing. Any suggestions?! Please email me
privately at digum98@yahoo.com to save space on here.
Thanks in advance!

=====
Later,
Geoffrey
~~~98 DAK CC SLT 3.9L V6 Metallic Red~~~
~Hotchkis Performance 2/3 suspension kit~
~79 Harley Davidson Custom Electra Glide~
ICQ#62723274