Re[2]: DML:BAD PAINT

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 23:49:33 EDT

  The paint peeling happened to all American auto manufacturers during the
early nineties. They were forced to comply with steadily restrictive EPA
regulations relating to paint solvents and emmisions from their assembly
plants. There were quite a few years there where the big 3 were 'learning' how
to paint a vehicle all over again within the confines of the new regulations.
They obviously couldn't re-paint every car they manufactured for about 4 or 5
years, but for a time there they would paint it if you went through the proper
steps. They just didn't want everyone to know what the hell those steps were.
Kinda sucks....