Re: V6 Ticking-Timing chain?! another one

From: Nancy Hoegen #229123 (hoegen@kersur.net)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 12:57:20 EDT

I also have a V6 and I also get a ticking sound.

My conditions are usually associated with situations such as being on the
highway and hitting a good incline. It also occurs when the engine is still
not at max operating temp and I get onto the highway. I do let the Dak warm
up for about 5 minutes before driving, so it's not completely cold....but
I'm nowhere close to 60k - I only have16k on mine?? Could this be the same
type of problem?