Transmission problem?

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@home.com)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 19:04:00 EDT

Hey All.. been awhile since I've sent any msgs :)

Question.. I have noticed a slight problem with my automatic
transmission... When I nail it, and reach about 35mph (40mph
maybe..thereabouts), the transmission tries to shift.. but it seems instead
of upshifting, it drops a gear or goes into neutral... What I see is my
RPM's shoot up to 5k, and my truck completely stops it's acceleration making
me lunge forward, then it gets in gear and goes again like normal... only
happens in this one gear (2nd into 3rd?).. also, it doesn't happen when
I'm only giving it about 1/2 gas, only when I go all out... strictly stock
(for the time being anyway).. it's a 97 dakota cc slt w/5.2L.. any
ideas? If I'm right, this is still under warrenty, so I can take it to the
dealer to get fixed under warrenty.. but would like to know if anyone knows
what's happening.... Thanks

Ken Allgood
97 cc slt 5.2L