GenII 4WD Tire Options

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 21:38:44 EDT

OK, I know for a fact LT235-75R15s, 30x9.50s, 31x10.50s, 30x10.50s, and
31x9.50s will fit
a stock suspension Dakota with very little problems; minor torsion bar
adjustment 'may' be needed. For those who are running larger than stock
sized tires , are you also running this size for your spare tire?? If so,
does it fit under the bed like the stock sized tire does/did?
I am starting to do some research for tires, but spare tire fitment is a big
issue. Another issue is gas mileage, as I really don't want it to go down
that much, nor can I afford to swap in some 3.90 gears for both diffs. I do
not want to have 4 tires on my Dak one size(if indeed I do plan to increase
the size) and then be stuck with a LT235 sized tire for a spare; I dont
think the gears would appreciate that if I had a flat and had to run the
'smaller' spare sized tire. These Dunlop Radial Rover RVs I currently have
are great tires, but they currently have 48,000 miles on them and appear to
have about enough tread left to get me through this summer. I could probably
push it and have these tires last till the new year, but I dont think it
would be safe at all with the winters here; plus I will definately need
some tires with some tread on them this hunting season. I want to get a size
down first(everyone does make a LT235 sized tire!), and then start brand
shopping. So far I have ran Goodyear Wrangler ATs, Hoosier Radial
All-Terrains, and the current Dunlop Radial Rover RVs. I am really leaning
currently anyways towards BFG's AT KOs, just because I really love the tread
pattern(similar to the Hoosiers I had), the voids, and the thick sidewalls
they offer.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6