AAAARGHH!! Cold Water Cracked my windshield!!

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 16:30:54 EDT

Well, thought I'd wash the ol' Dak Friday am before heading to Oak Island NC
for a mini vacation this past weekend...the truck had been sitting in the hot
sun for a coupla hours already, I got out the hose and started spraying down
the truck with cold water.
As soon as I start hosing down the widshield I hear a loud
C-C-C-C-CRAAAAA-CK!! And sure as hell there is a fracture running across half
the windshield!!

What the?!?!? I've never heard of this happening before, anyone had a similar
experience? The only explanation I can think of is that I had been running
the lawn sprinkler for about 45 minutes prior to spraying down the truck,
meaning the water from the well was the cold stuff from deep, not the
lukewarm temperatures from sitting in pipes. What a pain!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's
etc...