Re[2]: my truck is squeeking

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 19:56:33 EDT

Only two things have caused squeaks up front on my '98... One was the fan belt
that was defective or wore prematurely (only 15-20k miles on it) and the noise
was most apparent on startup. Once the engine warmed up, the noise tended to
go away. The other squeak I've had is caused by the upper ball joints running
out of goo (grease)... I've got a 4x4 so they need to be greased every now and
again but sometimes I'm too lazy or in a rush to get the upper ones (they are a
pain in the butt to get at). My trucks real good at reminding me it needs to
be done though. ;-)
Tom