Re: headers on!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 03:41:59 EDT

Flip, do you hear any "ticking" noises? if you get a ticking sound, it could
be an exhaust leak and headers are prone to leaking. Tighten those header
bolts up every day (shuold be 4 per side with a 10 mm wrench) it's pretty
hard to get to most of them, so let the truck cool down before you attempt
this.

Have fun!
-Dester

PS. when are you gonna bring it over so those guys can put a v10 block in?
You'd go from a mere 16 MPG (guessitmation) to about 4?

<< Well, today I drove up to have Marty(Kuk)'s friend Russ put my
 headers on for me. It went really smooth, and would've been done in
 2 hours, except his son snapped one of the studs off, and Russ then
 spent many hours trying to get the stud out. Finally wound up doing
 without it- seemed to attach pretty well anyway. I'm liking my
 headers! I have a feeling my gas mileage is going down though....

 Sure am glad I didn't pay that exhaust shop $300 to install my
 headers, when I could get it done for free, and get dinner out of it
 too! (wound up going to the family BBQ with his wife while Russ was
 working on my truck.)

 Flip >>