Re: Is it just me or what??

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 07:43:21 EDT

I've done mine =-) Its fun... but the reason I had to do it, is because
when I put the modified intake on it the first time, I had used only RTV,
which I didnt let dry fully (i think) and was talkin to someone about it on
the Dakota chat room on IRC, and decided to take a peek... Well... there was
a nice phat puddle of oil at the bottom of my intake... (I drenched 2
papertowels with oil)...
I noticed that on the stock gasket, one gap looked like it was about to
blow, it was curved out where it was a straight seal, so I was expecting my
bellypan to go at any time... I have since replaced the RTV with a real
gasket, and as far as I know, its doing its job...
You may wanna have your divider cut (at least that) since you are having to
take it off... Bernd has it done to his... may wanna ask him how it did.....
Tim Berry -- Chesapeake, VA
`97 SLT 318 auto CC 2x4 LSD:
Dual's w/Flowmaster, Homemade K&N GEN II, 2 Electric Fans
180 T-stat, MSD 8.5 wires, Traction Bars, F&B Stage 1, Mod'd intake
Trans Go Shift Kit, BFG 275/60's, MP Puter, *Powerdyne ordered*
Edelbrock Headers/Y-pipe, Exhaust cutout B4 cat
BEST 1/4 15.488 @ 86.23 MPH
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ