Is it just me or what??

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 23:14:32 EDT

It seems like every Dak, Ram, Durango, and Jeep GC with the trusty
Magnum all share a common problem. Belly pan gaskets blown!! I looked
down quite a few t-b's in the last month only to see oily residue on the
bottom, including mine which lasted almost 60,000 miles. Does DC know
about this?? If not, they should!! Does the belly pan gasket affect the
performance?? Haven't noticed a drop in mine, and NEVER had a ping prob,
even with the 195 stat and JET 2 in it. NOT looking forward to replacing
it, or until my Olds is going. Thoughts??

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 3.9L V-6, 160hp
         '66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp

http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts