mopar front end cover

From: MLytle96@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 06:37:45 EDT

I bought a mopar front end cover for my 00 Dakota (biggest mistake ever) a
little over a month ago. I took it off and on the sides the paint has rubbed
off where the cover was rubbing very hard against the truck.

Of course I'm pissed and I call up the dealer, and they tell me that the best
they can do is offer me a small discount on getting the truck repainted.
They said that the front end cover voids the warranty. I asked them what
warranty, because this isn't due to natural causes...a certified mopar
accessory screwed up my paint. They stated again that it is written all over
the paperwork that this voids the warranty. I checked the paperwork that
came with the cover and the only thing it stated was that to make sure that
it doesn't get wet under the cover or it may cloud the paint. Well, the
paint isn't clouded and no mention of "voiding the warranty" on my paperwork.

I then ask if I can simply return it. They check with the parts department
and it looks like I can't return it either.....what kind of crap is

Now Im in the whole 138.00 bucks and a paintjob to go along with that.....

Has anyone purchased one of these, if not--don't do it!!!...If so, similar
problems, anything to do about returning getting my truck repainted....I
thought I saw a post once about a similar front end cover incident...PLZ HELP