Re: mopar front end cover

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 11:34:27 EDT

What a load of crap. Seems no different to my case:
Got the mopar hard t. cover. It contacts the back of
the cab and leaves 2-dents in my cab, not to mention the
scratched up paint. Mopar replaced the T-cover (it still
had the crappy screws that stuck through, so me and the
dealership changed out the screws for rivets)...and Mopar
is going to pay for the cab repair.

I wouldn't cave in, and start getting pissed off. You
should speak with the local area rep. If the mopar part
caused the problem, then mopar will pay to repair/replace
it. The dealership isn't out any money. Sounds like they
don't want to hassle with it.

Sam '00 RT

--- MLytle96@aol.com wrote:
> I bought a mopar front end cover for my 00 Dakota
> (biggest mistake ever) a
> little over a month ago. I took it off and on the sides
> the paint has rubbed
> off where the cover was rubbing very hard against the
> truck.
>
> Of course I'm pissed and I call up the dealer, and they
> tell me that the best
> they can do is offer me a small discount on getting the
> truck repainted.
> They said that the front end cover voids the warranty. I
> asked them what
> warranty, because this isn't due to natural causes...a
> certified mopar
> accessory screwed up my paint. They stated again that it
> is written all over
> the paperwork that this voids the warranty. I checked
> the paperwork that
> came with the cover and the only thing it stated was that
> to make sure that
> it doesn't get wet under the cover or it may cloud the
> paint. Well, the
> paint isn't clouded and no mention of "voiding the
> warranty" on my paperwork.
>

> I then ask if I can simply return it. They check with
> the parts department
> and it looks like I can't return it either.....what kind
> of crap is
> that?????!!!!!
>
> Now Im in the whole 138.00 bucks and a paintjob to go
> along with that.....
>
> Has anyone purchased one of these, if not--don't do
> it!!!...If so, similar
> problems, anything to do about returning getting my truck
> repainted....I
> thought I saw a post once about a similar front end cover
> incident...PLZ HELP

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com