Re: RE: audio question(hoostine)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 22:24:55 EDT

I can see that you've maped your sound system out, but no names of the
components? What gives? or are you just "winging" it?

Just a couple of audio brands to look out and look into.

good brands (which I have personally used)
IDQ subs, components are supposed to be excellent with those 400 dollar mini
horn drivers.
headunits, pioneer (as long as it has a parametric EQ) but that doesn't
matter, because you have a pre-amp EQ anyways, but it'll help. Alpines are
also clean, I'd stay away from Kenwoods since you like MP3s, my old kenwood
8009 (top of the line for the time) couldn't play a single CD-R, but switched
over to an alpine and the lazers are better and pick up all CD-Rs.
amps:
Lanzar (older, pre-pyramid stuff) Opti drive series. The new Kicker "D"
class amps are also nice. basically, if you're not into total SQ, I'd get a
class D amp to save some cash. might sound a little trashy, but you're only
pushing subs. what do ya want? Also, most people might tell you that RF's
new "@" 2 stuff sucks, but my manager at work has a 150@1 pushing 2 RF HE2s
to the extreme.

what NOT to buy:
Pyramid, pioneer amps to push subs (running components, it's fine, but not
for subs, no balls) pioneer subs are a joke, Kenwood subs aren't that great,
sony subs (MAYBE the "ES" line)

oh well, just my opinion. tell me how your install goes. I'll hopefully
have some pictures of my install pretty soon. I gotta clean it up some also,
 Gotta go spread all that grill cloth so people can't see and jack my amps.
-Dester

<< i have a system already planned out for my dak when i get it.
 http://hoostine.yi.org/dakota/systemdiag.html when i'm online.
 the 6.5's are on the way, the first 175Wx2 amp will be ordered tomorrow...

 good luck

 --Hoostine >>