RE: RE: RE: Sway Bars - Stabilizer Bars

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 14:24:43 EDT

I have noticed on the 2K Dakota, the shocks are reverse mounted on the right
(meaning facing towards the tailgate). Since the engine naturally torque to
the left the truck's rear axle will shift the vehicle to right. What DC
should of attempted is a Quadra shock for rear. This, along with the rear
sway bar, more tire patch (to include 1" offset outward for wider track) and
Racecraft racing coil will bring the truck Skid pad to `1.0G load.

The reverse mounted shocks are located on the right side-dual mounted
Bilstein on the left and on the right. I betting the stiffer rear mounted
(energy absorbing mounts) sway bar and Quadra shock will flatten the engine
torque twist. The severity of the twist is based on torque output. If you
are running a Super Charger then you are likely to increase the body roll
about 40 percent more. I have already broke the right side energy sway bar
link (the link between the sway bar and axle). I am now attempting in the
next two months undo what DC engineered to be the ideal solution. If not it
will just keep snapping the same arm.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA