Re: Dak won't start!?

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 08:13:09 EDT

I'm leaning toward it being a bad battery. I just replaced a three-year-old
battery in my Dak because it had a bad cell. Everything electrical worked,
but the starter just wouldn't turn over and the power windows were a little
slower than normal. Took it back to WallyWorld, they tested it, said it had
a bad cell, and gave me a new pro-rated battery for $19.

The starters are pretty reliable on these newer Dodges. I remember the old
ones used to last about 40k miles, then you take them out and down to the
alternator shop to have them rebuilt for $20. I'd say these new
(Nippondenso?) starters are good for a least 150k (good thing, because they
are $120 w/ core replacement!).

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate