RE: DAK won't Idle

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 19:05:33 EDT

> Has anyone had this problem? Get in the DAK and turn the key
> and release to
> soon just before it starts, try again and it turns over and
> won't keep
> running next try won't start until gas pedal is press to the
> floor and it
> fires up and run's fine until I took my foot off the gas
> pedal and it die's,
> won't idle. Started again with same problem. Drove down the
> road a few miles
> keeping it running at stops with the gas pedal and finally it
> snaps out of
> the problem and start idling by itself again and will start
> fine. Is this a
> quirt or maybe is there a sensor going bad?

The IAS motor(located on the top/back of your Throttle Body) either has a
dirty plunger, or has gone bad. Try removing it, and cleaning the
plunger/end. DO NOT PULL APART the motor. You'll mess it up, and will have
to purchase another one. But try cleaning it first, if it doesn't work
replace it.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd R/T (Redneck/Truck)
Rahway NJ