JET sucks and 180 T-stat

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 11:01:54 EDT

    Hey guys,

    I've had my new JET Stage II for about 2 days now, and all I can say is
that it made absolutely NO difference at all.... unless you count a smoother
idle, NO low end power, bogging off the line, and the engine cutting out
when you come to a stop. I gave it a full 2 days and a full tank of gas to
"learn", and the engine cutting off problem did go away, but the others
didn't.

    I also installed a 180 t-stat because I was going to run the JET. I
understand that it will work fine with my stock computer, too. It will just
have a richer A/F ratio. What I'm wondering though, is has anyone passed
emissions with a 180 t-stat installed? The extra fuel has to raise the
emissions. Would an MSD possibly bring the emissions back down?

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota RC/SB 318/5-speed/3.92SG
F&B 'Stage I' Throttle Body
Turbo City Dual Inlet Air Tube