Re: JET sucks and 180 T-stat

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 13:48:33 EDT

Doug Myers wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I've had my new JET Stage II for about 2 days now, and all I can say is
> that it made absolutely NO difference at all.... unless you count a smoother
> idle, NO low end power, bogging off the line, and the engine cutting out
> when you come to a stop. I gave it a full 2 days and a full tank of gas to
> "learn", and the engine cutting off problem did go away, but the others
> didn't.
>
> I also installed a 180 t-stat because I was going to run the JET. I
> understand that it will work fine with my stock computer, too. It will just
> have a richer A/F ratio. What I'm wondering though, is has anyone passed
> emissions with a 180 t-stat installed? The extra fuel has to raise the
> emissions. Would an MSD possibly bring the emissions back down?

Lot's of varying opinions on the JET's, but mine works as advertized on my '98.
I passed emissions with a 180 stat, and tests here(Dallas)are about as strict as
any.
Did you unhook the - battery cable to reset the computer?
Have you taken it off to look at the pins? It's possible to bend one during the
install.
Are you sure the JET and harness are fully seated into the computer?
If so, give it a little more time. Mine is worth 3 tenths and 2-3 mph in the 1/4
mile.
Good luck,
                  Alan S.