Re: Brake line breakin

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 12:45:30 EDT

> OK this is my problem, somthin to do with my breaklines broke around the
rear
> end, i dont know were or is it broken from the wheel cylinder. it happen
at
> night so i couldnt see but only brake fluid sprayed all over the drivers
> shock and rear end. Just would like to see is this happen to anyone so i
can
> solve the problem faster thanks

Joe,
When I my rear brakes, I had two rear lines bust on me when I was putting in
new wheel cylinders, cause the fittings were rusted so bad the lines just
snapped off when trying to take the brake line off to get the old wheel
cylinders out. I did not have access to a flaring tool, so I just took the
the pieces of brake line into a local brake shop. They bent up some lines
for me and flared them out, for $20. So I put them on, hooked the lines up
into both NEW wheel cylinders($10 each with lifetime warranty), and it then
bled the brakes. Good Luck!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6