Dealer blames Hotchkis for cab pop

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 18:25:10 EDT

Well, I gave my local dealer the benefit of the doubt and they failed
with flying colors. I took a lot of documentation in regarding the
cab pop TSB, emails from others who had the problem and how the
problem was fixed. I even took in a copy of a dealer's fix to the cab
pop by cutting down the cab bolts. Did all that do any good? Nope.
They gave me the truck back this evening after having it all day.
Fortunately they didn't charge me anything or I would have really had
it out with them. Here is what the work order says, and I quote:
"Customer states body making popping noise when turning and going on
an incline. Vehicle has lowering kit. Suspension voided warranty.
Popping noise due to lower cont'l arms are in a bind."

Yeah, uh huh, sure. Never mind the noise is coming from behind the
cab, or that scores of other people are running the Hotchkis system
with no problem, or that I had the cab pop prior to lowering. Noooo,
it's the lower control arms. What really burns me is that they
intentionally misdiagnosed the problem in order for me to have to pay
them to fix it. Of course I took the truck and got it the heck out of
there. No way I want them touching the front end since that's not the
problem. So, what I need now is to find a dealer who is not too far
away from me who has fixed the problem (this dealer had never
encountered it so they say) and get the cab bolts fixed. Then I'm
going to take this work order, the work order from the dealer who
fixes it, and send them both with a letter to DC corporate, the
regional DC manager and the local dealer.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC