Re: Re: Re: Dealer blames Hotchkis for cab pop

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 21:51:04 EDT

"Jon Smith" <fast4x4@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>I wouldn't budge, there is a TSB for a known problem. Suspension mods do
>not affect cab bolts. The dealer is piss poor as with (in my experience) a
>LOT of Dodge dealerships... seems you can't get anything done w/o knowing
>someone that works at the dealer...

Unfortunately, they won't budge from their diagnosis that the problem
is in the lower control arms. They claim they checked the cab bolts
and they are not the problem. I cannot prove it is not the lower
control arms unless I get another dealer to fix it.

>I hope Terry gets this taken care of ASAP with a minimal amount of
>run-arounds

I have been given the name and number of the service manager in
Conway, SC that is familiar with the TSB and has fixed it on other
trucks. I'm not happy about driving out of town, but at least I know
it will be fixed right, and not by some monkeys who are mad at me for
raising a stink. And you want to know what the funny thing is? I
wouldn't even mind all that much having to pay to get it fixed! It's
not about the money, it's about intentionally giving a false diagnosis
about a problem to mislead the customer. That crap should be against
the law.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43