Is it too much to ask for a service department to fix the problem the first time?

From: Seth Huffman (Sethmh@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 20:41:35 EDT

Ok well I kinda need to vent it been a frustrating day to say the least. I
took my truck in this morning to get this squeaking noise in the engine
compartment fixed. It been making this squeaking noise once the engine gets
warmed up to normal operating temperature and is under 900rpm. I left it
with them all day and when I go to pick it up they say it was just the belt
and they replaced it. I asked if they had drove it to make sure that fixed
the problem, They said yes. Then I asked if they drove it long enough for it
to get to operating temperature and they are all "oh yea we did, the noise
is gone". Some Im like cool then on the way home as soon as the engine warms
up it makes the same damn noise. Maybe they did their test drive with the
windows up and the stereo turned on. Now I'm not sure they actually replaced
the belt cause I would assume the belt is whats making the noise but Im
gonna take it back tomorrow and this time Im gonna put a mark on the belt so
I will know if they actually replaced it or not.

Sorry for wasting your time I really just needed to vent, hopefully they can
fix it tomorrow cause I dont think I can go many more days without my truck.
Maybe Ill just take it to a different dealership.