Re: distributor reset problems

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 21:13:16 EDT

Not too sure about your 95, but on 97+ obd2 computers, a snap on scanner has
a "set sync mode" and you click into that and it shows the advance/retard of
the distrubutor. and on our models, we set it to "0" as close as we can.
Hope that helps,
-Dester

PS> the snap on scanner is VERY expensive. 2,000 bucks plus an extra
700-1,000 more bucks for upgrades

<< Well, I found 2 shops that agreed to reset my distributor for me, only one
 snag... I went to both today to get it done, but both of them grabbed a
 timing light. Now I was under the assumption that the distributor has no
 effect on ignition timing, just injector timing... One of the guys was
 appologetic that he didn't know what I was talking about, the other got
 pissed off and went to his Alldata CD's, Alldata even says to use a timing
 light. So what's up??? What's the exact procedure called to resynch the
 distributor? I know they have the Sunpro and OTC scanners, anyone have a
 model number, etc? I know Bob T. has the OTC... >>