Re: Got my Powerdyne 100% complete

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 13:57:36 EDT

At 12:49 PM 6/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
> <SNIP>
>I think this may hit 9xMPH and 14.5 or less =))))
>I love my powerdyne now!! =-)

Looking forward to seeing your results at the track.

>... I may try 24#/hr injectors... anyone know if they will hurt
>me in everyday driving? (gas milage, ect)

I noticed in your sig. that you're (were?) using the MP PCM.
Which one and are you still using it with the SC?

FWIW, I just got back from testing 24# with a '96 MP PCM.
It took the computer about 15-20 minutes with part throttle
city driving before adjusting to the 24# injectors. Then the
first O2 sensor would go back and forth between rich and lean
trying to get AFR to stoich. The second O2 sensor (monitoring
the cat) stayed at rich ... not a good thing for the cat over
a long period of time. When I went to WOT on an empty service
road, the engine bogged with carbon being blown out of the
exhaust pipes.

On a previous test done awhile back, I got about 80 to 90 miles
on a half tank of gas with part throttle (cruise) driving.

Hope you see those 14s at the track.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
MP MPI, cam, rockers, '96 PCM; F&B tb; headers/cat-back
RWHP: 226.2 (corrected) RWTQ: 332.5 (corrected)
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95