Re: DML Digest V4 #2103

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 15:26:12 EDT

I did exactly this to my center caps. Check out my pics on my website listed below. All I did was get the small touch up paint that has the built in brush. Fill in the indented rams head and don't worry if you get any outside the lines. You can get a little sloppy with it, just make sure the bottom and sides of the indention are fully covered. After you have if filled in completely take a rag with some nail polish remover and rub off the excess paint, trying not to let the rag protrude into the indented ram symbol. Do this before the paint is dry! After that I coated the painted areas with clear coat the same way. It worked great and looks great. It took me about 1.5 hours to do this. The first one took the longest because I had to get a technique down. Make sure you let them dry for about 24 hours before you drive with them on. I've got nearly 6000 miles on my D since I did that and I clean my rims using a rim cleaner chemical weekly and have not had one problem w!
ith paint peeling or flaking. Good luck.

Chuck
'00 Flame Red Durango SLT+
5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, R/T wheels (Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/60/R17)
2.5" Dynomax Magnum Race Series cat back exhaust
Quick-D T-body & intake
Mopar Performance PCM (on back order)
Lund Eclipse 4 door window vents custom painted by Caribbean Customs
MTX Thunderform w/ built in amp (on back order)
best 1/4 mile (stock): 16.08 @ 84 mph
www.geocities.com/papa_c_d/
cewyma@roushind.com