Backfire Saga contuniues,att Tim

From: TEDSDAKOTA@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 08:15:41 EDT

   A few weeks ago I exploded my airhat when I let off the gas too quickly while the motor was making boost (backfired),also put a hole in the insulation on the hood..I got the Paxton aluminum airhat and I thought all was fine..First I noticed I was making about 1lb less boost..I blamed the airhat. Trucks been running rich so I took the 24lb injectors out..I then thought the Autolites were end of life so last night I pulled the #2 plug,,Black and oily..Pulled #3, clean as a whistle..DAMMM the intake manifold is blown from the bottom on that cyclinder..
   Well last night I ordered the blowby kit from NAmotor sports, today I'll get another manifold gasket kit..
              Ted O.
P.S. Thanks to Tim Berry for telling me about NAmotor sports