Re: RE: Got my Powerdyne 100% complete

From: Train225@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 16:00:25 EDT

<< Unless you have a good valvetrain (including Roller Rockers and the timing
 chain..and not the factory one either), I personally wouldn't recommend it
 either. Also will require a Boost/Timing Retard box (MSD make an excellent
 one). I've seen what a 9# Paxton does to a GM and Ford engine...it's not
 pretty.

 If you don't already have these, invest in an aftermarket Air Hat, a good
 "Modified" Throttle Body, Headers, and a Catback system before boosting the
 Supercharger any further. >>

I've been following this thread with some interest since I just installed the
Vortech kit. Have you been to the track yet? I'd like to see your results.
FWIW, the Vortech kit comes with a new air hat, extra injectors, an computer
to drive them and a Crane HI 6 ignition with retard. Boost ranges from 5 to
9 depending on RPM. So far I've calculated a 85 HP increase (trap speed
increase from 93 to 102).