Superchips ICON

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 08:37:50 EDT

    No, the ICON isn't a chip. It's a programmable ignition computer that
hooks up to the coil ground wire right before the coil and will advance or
retard your timing up to 20 degrees either way. It's independent of the
computer...actually, the computer won't even know its there. You can custom
program it with different values every 400 rpm. The only drawback, to me, is
that you have to cut the factory wiring to install it. Now I can just cut
this Accel adapter harness instead :-) Here's a link:

http://www.superchips.com/iconnew.htm

Doug

>>a superchips ICON? we have a "chip" from those guys now? or are you
talking about having your whole ECM sent in and reprogrammed. I don't even
think 97+ dakotas had that option from those guys yet. How much is the chip
setting you back and what do you mean "splice into the factory harness?" I
am led to believe these "icons" are plug in ordeals.
- -Dester<<