Re: Re: MPI: round 2

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 22:52:46 EDT

Monday, June 19, 2000, 9:20:00 PM, you wrote:

> Now I think I'm gonna pull mine off this week, especially if I take a day
> off of work... I'm hoping the loss of torque is due (totally or in-part) to
> poor fuel atomization from the injectors not being totally seated.. I may
> get a holley 4bbl cork gasket for the TB adaptor, cuz I know how hard that
> RTV made it to remove...

Definately do it Jon! Total job only takes an hour maybe. A hacksaw
works great once you get the adaptor off, aluminum isn't too hard to
saw through. Do the two adapter posts and the two spacers and
re-assemble. My rtv was only a week old and it was a b*&ch to break
loose. I used a piece of wood and a crowbar on the rear passenger
corner of the adapter. If your injectors are un-seated like mine were
you should feel a definate improvement once you do this. FWIW I was
able to do this with removing ONLY the passenger side injector/fuel
rail. I left the driver side injectors plugged in and wiggled the
adapter free, just less hassle to deal with.... You will also need
some wood blocks to go in the vise to hold the adapter while you cut
on it. You could do it without a vise but I wouldn't want to....

Now all I need to do is plug the pcv...
--Mike www.mikesdakota.com