Re: I'm off to the National Meet!

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 01:05:54 EDT

"mike d." <miggitymike@juno.com> wrote:
>100+ trucks that all look the same except for their color? OOH! I'm
>there!!

They were all R/T's, but they looked very different. I was amazed at
the variety. One thing this list would be interested in is the Warren
Plant tour I went on where all the Daks are built. One of the guys on
the R/T list works at the plant and his dad has worked there for 23
years. We split into two groups and his dad took our group through
the plant. We had to wear protective eye gear at all times because
were out there on the plant floor right where the people on the line
were working. We even talked to a few of them. I talked to the lady
who was installing the cab bolts, and the group discussed the cab pop
issue. The robots were amazing, we watched them doing the welding. I
watched a guy put a whole dash in within 30 seconds. The rear window
goes in just as fast. The plant rolls off 70 trucks an hour at full
production, and it's awesome to see how it's done.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC