Re: RE: 4X4 RT and Turbo Diesel Dakota available in Brazil....

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 13:56:28 EDT

I was converting kW to Horsepower and N-m to ft-lbs, and i came up first
with 300 lb-ft. for the 4x4 R/T and 221 lb-ft. for the turbo diesel -- and
i'm thinking they downgraded the 5.9L for the brazilian market to save money
or whatever -- then i did the horsepower conversion for the R/T and get 230
horse! Doh! It's the 5.2L. The Brazilian R/T 4x4 is just a 5.2 4x4 with a
different badge and clear corners on the front. Still cool, but not cool
like a 4x4 R/T with a 5.9.

FYI the 4-cylinder turbo-diesel puts out 114 horsepower and 221 lb-ft. Not
bad, it's the horsepower of the 2.5L 4-banger at only 3900 rpm; and it
brings up the torque of the 3.9L v-6 @ 2000 rpm.

I'd take one just so i could hang out with some cummins ram guys. =)

sean