Re: Im Back, and got some questions! :)

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 03:11:31 EDT

Well, I wish you the best of luck!

I know you have a limited budget, so I'm just gonna' list some options to
give you ideas what you could do.
K&N Gen II, Exhaust system (no bigger than 2.5"), headers (JBA makes
some.. pricey tho), if it's an Automatic look into a shift kit, ported
tb, 1.6 roller rockers, electric fans, underdrive pullies. Call up a
machine shop or call Quick D and get those heads ported... nice gains can
be seen there. Going faster is never cheap. All the stuff I listed are
options that you have (and everything I listed is available), so pick
from that =) You'll get the best results if you do an exhaust mod for
every intake mod you do. You've got your work cut out for you. A 6er will
cream a 4.3 for the first 100ft or so, but his wieght and torque
advantage will run you down in the 1/4 mile.. good luck!!

-mike d.

----> Clubless in Yorktown, Va.
PROJECT 13's!! --->slammed 88 Dakota, 360 swap in progress!!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:02:15 -0400 "Aaron Braun" <zanphier@bellsouth.net>
writes:
> Well, I have returned after the evil of RL have calmed down. Been
> doing alot
> of stuff and alot of bad things of happened. For one being my
> license has
> been suspended, so don't speed where they can catch ya! BUT I have
> seen that
> as a good point, what money I am saving from not having to pay in
> gas I get
> to invest into my truck.
>
> Now for the fun part. I have been challenged. A '97 Sonoma 4.3 Ext
> Cab has
> challenged me to a 1/4 when I get my license back in February. I may
> have
> bit off more than I can chew, but I have faith in not only the Dak
> but the
> DML in helping me. My current truck is this: '98 Dakota SLT V6, only
> have a
> stock K&N air filter replacement currently bearing 225/75r15 Duelers
> APT.
> Here is my question for you guys, and I know I am going to get alot
> of
> varied opinions. Please keep in mind I don't have an endless budget.
> I would
> like to know your opinions of what MODs to put onto my truck within
> the next
> 5-6 months to get this thing to at least hold its own against this
> little
> demon? I am already considering a 1/2 drop with Hotchkis performance
> kit.
> But mainly looking at Engine mods right now. Thanks in advance for
> the
> input!
>
> Aaron

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!